1. Pre-heat the over to 205°C /gas mark 6. Peel and discard the papery layers of the garlic, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves. Using a sharp knife slice the top of the cloves to expose the garlic inside.
2. Place the garlic heads on a baking pan, cut side up. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in foil. Bake in the oven for 30–35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
3. Bring to the boil a large pan of salted water. Add the green beans and cook for 4–6 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Drain off the excess water.
4. While still hot add the beans to a bowl and squeeze the roasted garlic bulbs on top, be careful not to get the bulb skin on the beans. Pour any remaining oil left from the baked garlic into the bowl too.
5. Season with salt and pepper and mix to coat the beans. Pour into a platter of your choice and serve hot.
Top Tip: To save time cook the roasted garlic and blanch the green beans the day before and heat up in a oven at 200°C till hot.